Friday, April 3, 2015

Farewell to Bali


Bali was the trip of a lifetime. My first time in Asia, meeting long lost cousins for the first time, finally seeing a land that is so linked to my family's history...this trip was so much more than a regular tourist excursion, and it left its mark on me.




From the perfect beaches, incredible sunsets and sunrises, delicious food, and all the funny, amazing people we met along the way, my Bali trip was probably my most unforgettable.







Until next time, Bali!




1 comment :

  1. I really debated with myself about leaving this comment, but does the history of Dutch colonialism bother you at all? I mean, I'm sure it's great you get to have all these awesome things but I would just feel weird about the white privilege/ exploitative relationship the Dutch continue to have with their former colonies to this day. The Dutch were one of the most brutal in the South pacific and Africa. I keep reading how awesome the relationship your family has with the islands and it just sounds... very one sided.

    ReplyDelete