Thursday, April 16, 2015

2015 Challenge Year: March Recap

In February I was so busy that I didn't have much time to be sad and spend all day missing Fionn. I was lonely, but my challenges were coming along and I had something to do pretty much every day. However, my paralegal class finished the first week of March, along with guitar, Spanish and harp, and suddenly I had oceans of free time again. I was lonely, alone, and bored.

I went back to that inspiring question-if my only reason for being in Texas is Fionn, and he's not here, then what would I like to be doing instead?

The answer was easy-I'd like to be with people who love me rather than an empty apartment!

So off I flew back home to Georgia just in time for St. Paddy's day. I did some singing with my old band, did all the Irish stuff I love to do, saw tons of old friends and my lovely family, and had a grand old time. 

And I drank gallons of sweet tea!






After spending some time with everyone back home, I started thinking about a European leg of the tour. Tickets from the East Coast to Europe are pretty cheap in March since it's the off season, so it was an easy choice. 

Spending time at home was so rejuvenating. Just being in a familiar place, with some of the most important people in my life-it made me feel grounded. It was nice to not feel like an outsider. Nice to be recognized on the street. Nice to have people who really know you that you just fall back into easy familiarity with. Nice to have trees and green and water!

It was a great month. Next up, the European leg begins with Ireland!

March Challenge List
(in addition to February's challenges and the official 2015 Challenge List)

-Drink more water
-Spend time with my friends from home, especially the ones who always welcome me back like no time has passed no matter where I end up roaming
-Work on my stage presence and getting over my stage nerves!
-Admit that sometimes I let stress get the best of me
-STOP procrastinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment