Friday, December 5, 2014

Throwback: The last days of summer


There's something beautiful about the last few weeks of summer. For me, they were even more special because I knew that come September we would be bidding farewell to my beloved Georgia and heading west for Texas. So right before the movers came and our lives got turned upside down, Fionn and I planned a trip to Savannah to see my family. Coincidentally, some of my best friends also happened to be in town. 

As nervous as I was about the upcoming move, this was really the perfect send off.





Our long weekend was packed with good food, family time, cute puppies, and laughs with friends. Oh, and sunshine. Lots and lots of good ole GA sunshine.









I even got to sit in on my old session and play a few tunes and have a pint with my brother and friends.





and of course, what's a trip to Savannah without a night OUT in Savannah?


But then it was time to head back to our town and get the ball rolling on this whole moving to Texas thing...

2 comments :

  1. I found your cute blog on Casey's Fresh Face Friday :) I'm a Texan living in Houston, hope you are liking the Lone Star State so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really wonderful summer!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete