Monday, December 1, 2014

The Rio Grande Gorge Bridge


I don't do heights. Or scary bridges coupled with gusty winds. 

While my husband is brave and willing to do crazy things like jump out of airplanes, I'm a big ole scaredy cat.

So what possessed me to make a detour on the way back to Santa Fe to see the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge?



I guess you could blame curiosity, or unrealistic expectations of my own bravery, or maybe the lure of some killer photos for the blog.

Ok, it was on the way. Why not stop?

I knew we were in trouble as soon as we drove over the bridge to get to the rest area and parking lot.

"Wow, check out how far down it is!" my husband explained as my blood ran cold.


At 565 ft above the Rio Grande, this bridge is the 7th highest in the US. While the pictures can't fully capture its terrifying glory, you can settle for this picture of me in all my scaredy cat splendor, too terrified to inch any closer to the edge...



Fearless Fionn was undeterred. He snapped more pictures before I dragged him back to the car. There's only so much this scaredy cat can take.




No comments:

Post a Comment