Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The time has come for a new name for Beginnings in Bayern...

Beginnings in Bayern is now One Tea, One Coffee!

I know, I know, a name change has been long overdue. Honestly, I have struggled for months to come up with a new name. I doodled names, created new headers, asked everyone I knew for advice, and nothing stuck. It was hard to pick a name that would be relevant to my life in a year or even 6 months. We move constantly, jobs change, expats adventures end and new ones pop up on the horizon. Picking the right name began to feel impossible.

Last night I couldn't sleep and started thinking about the constants in my life. Friends change, jobs change, locations change, but Fionn and I don't. Wherever we are in the world, we always enjoy bookstores, we have our inside jokes, and without fail, every morning I have a cup of tea and he has a cup of coffee.



No matter what country I'm in, there's one cup of tea and one coffee. No matter which house we're packing up, the coffee and a few tea bags go into the do not pack box. It's our wordless "I love you" on the weekend when we hand over the cup to the other person, fixed just the way they like.

There's always One Tea, and One Coffee.

I'm still working on revamping the rest of the blog and I'll slowly get around to changing the name on my various social media outlets. To ease the confusion, I'll add a few (formerly Beginnings in Bayern) to my next few blog posts.

Thanks for putting up with the very slow transition. You're all wonderful :)

7 comments :

  1. A great new name and a great reason to choose it! Love that! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy to finally find a name that works :)

      Delete
  2. I really like the new name :) even though I will miss the "Bayern", since I am a German Mädchen hehehehe

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the "Bayern" bit too! My husband and I still talk about Germany every day. We're exploring our options to see if moving back could be a possibility. I'd love to be an honorary Mädchen again ;)

      Delete
  3. New names are so hard to come up with but this one is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been struggling to find my own name, now that I'm no longer "on the Donau." Your new name choice is excellent. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete