Monday, August 11, 2014

Life lately

My poor, neglected blog! The summer has not been kind to you! I know I've done a terrible job keeping the blog up to date, but y'all...my life has been crazy lately. I can hardly believe that it's already August. The days just zoom right past.

I spent June in Hong Kong and Bali (I'm working on editing and blogging the zillions of pictures right now). Once I got back we were off to Florida, then I spent a week in Asheville, NC for an amazing Irish music camp (also working on that for the blog too!)

I came back from my music camp and got some devastating news-the job I had been so excited for fell through. Right on the heels of that bad news came the realization that our move to Texas is fast approaching (less than a month away!). With tons of stuff left to do to prepare for it, I just haven't had the time or the energy or the motivation to blog.

Besides the packed schedule, my heart just hasn't been in a place to blog. Moving is stressful enough, but organizing a move that you're dreading with your whole heart is another animal entirely. In the past month I've sat down so many times to work on the blog and stared at the blank screen. What do I write about? What can I say besides, "this sucks"?

This has been such a whirlwind of a year-moving from Germany, thinking we'd stay in Georgia, getting (unpleasantly) surprised by news of an assignment in Texas, planning a long distance move 6 months after moving overseas...it's been a little nuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment