Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thursday Tea Talk

I love how a lot of bloggers do a coffee talk post, but since I'm a tea lover, we'll just call this a Thursday Tea Talk!


First off, I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you who left words of encouragement, sympathy, or understanding on my last post announcing our unexpected move to Texas. Your kind words really strengthened me when I was feeling down and it inspired me to approach this move with more optimism. As many of you said, sometimes life doesn't work out the way we want and we can't imagine how it'll ever be the right thing for us, and it ends up being a wonderful time in our lives. Thank you also to the many of you who had good things to say about Texas or helpful ideas about what to do around there. I know nothing about the area, so I love hearing first hand experiences!

Seriously, thank you. I love blogging and this wonderful blogging community for this exact reason. Thank you for stopping by to learn my story and give me a word of encouragement when I needed it most. You all are awesome and really helped me through a rough week.

This week I was luckily (or maybe destined?) to meet an extremely nice girl who was stationed in El Paso for 3 years and absolutely loved it. She is sending me a ton of info on the area and couldn't say enough nice things about her time there. Then, a friend of a friend who grew up in El Paso sent a long email all about the area, with lots of suggestions for fun things to do and look forward to.

Basically, I am coming to terms with it. As much as it breaks my heart to leave Georgia and move away from family after I just got back, I want to trust that Texas is where I'm supposed to go next and that even though I can't see it now, it's all going to work out.

I am still not excited about packing everything up again though!

Can't wait to share beautiful Bali!

I am so behind on blog stuff...our trip to Hong Kong and Bali is coming soon, along with our great trip to Florida just last weekend. I'll be spending next week in the North Carolina mountains at a music camp, and then the following Monday I start my new job which means blog posts may be a little slow as I adjust to a new schedule. But I'm trying to get a lot of posts done this week so the blog doesn't fall silent for too long!

So that's what's going on with me...what have you all been up to this week?


2 comments :

  1. A music camp sounds great, and a new job exciting! When do you actually move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete