Sunday, May 25, 2014

Happy (belated) Easter


I know, wasn't Easter ages ago? Yeah, you've got a point...but better late than never, right?

I had a great Easter. My brother and I both went home to our parents house and had a great time as a family. It was especially exciting because this is the first Easter I've been home in like 3 years. 

The weekend was great. Family, fun, and lots of delicious food.


I tackled Easter dessert and baked this lamb cake, just like the ones I saw all over Germany and Alsace. Isn't it cute?




It was a pretty simple almond and vanilla flavored batter. It could use some tweaking, but hopefully by next year I will have perfected my lamb cake recipe.



Of course, I can't visit my parents without this little guy being in the majority of my pictures...how can you resist the cuteness??


Mom outdid herself again with a delicious Southern Easter feast, we attended a great church service that really uplifted us on this day of hope and rebirth, and we had beautiful weather the whole time.

Perfect weekend.




3 comments :

  1. Lovely series of photos. That is a beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lamb-cake looks really sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not belated! It's still Easter, girl! All the way until Pentecost. So happy Easter to you and yours. Love the lamb cake. You've got skills! -Natalie

    ReplyDelete