Monday, May 19, 2014

Bachlorette Weekend in Atlanta

A few weekends ago I got to celebrate the engagement of one of my very dear friends from Bavaria with a bachlorette party in Atlanta. Even though we met in Germany, we're both Georgia girls and I was thrilled when she invited me to come celebrate.


Our fabulous weekend got started when we checked into the Ritz Carlton (told you this was a fancy weekend) and then headed off for massages and facials. This was my first massage, but I felt so wonderful and relaxed afterwards I wondered why it'd taken me so long to get one in the first place. When that was done we returned to the room fresh faced and relaxed to surprise the bride to be with a lingerie shower and mimosas!




I'm not a huge fan of Atlanta (too much pollution and traffic and sprawl) but I have to say, it was pretty fun to be in a big city for such a fun event. Not to mention, the view was pretty nice.





A toast to the bride, and let's open some presents! :)


The presents were perfect for our friend-tasteful, classy, with just a little bit of sass. As the old married lady of the group (har har) I opted for a pretty but comfy slip to sleep in and some fancy bath products. Because, let's be honest...honeymoon outfits are great but after you've been married a while you get a lot more mileage out of cute sleepwear that you'll actually want to sleep in (and he actually likes to see you in). Amright, ladies?





It was so much fun getting to celebrate such a good friend. Once presents were unwrapped, we embarked on the lengthy process of getting dolled up to go out...

...and then I made the bad blogger decision to leave my snazzy camera in the hotel, put on my pretty heels, and hit the town with my friends, taking hardly any pictures save for a few Instas. Bad blogger, but a great exercise in living in the moment, right?


It was a great night indeed. We had a great dinner complete with fancy drinks and dessert (split five ways, we're girls after all) and then headed off to a rooftop bar to enjoy the city by night.


she was a good sport about the Bride sash we insisted she wear!


We danced, we laughed, we toasted to love and happily ever after, and good times with good friends. And then, when our feet couldn't take another step in heels and there was only ice left to clink in our glasses, we headed back to our hotel. There we laughed about chandeliers in the elevators, changed into pjs, and had a big sleepover sitting cross legged, wrapped in blankets and talking about all the things girls end up talking about 2 am...complete with lots of funny stories from way back when.


We capped off the weekend with a awesome brunch the next morning before heading our separate ways. As I drove out of Atlanta and back to regular life, I felt sad that such a fun weekend was already over. 

And that I didn't take more pictures!


But luckily the wedding was the next weekend...so I'd get another chance!




1 comment :

  1. Looks like such a fun party with a great balance of exciting and relaxed :)

    ReplyDelete