Tuesday, March 4, 2014

On the road again...

Yesterday Fionn and I loaded up a rental car with all of our earthly belongings, and drove to Georgia to pick up my car that we shipped from Germany back in January. It was so nice to be back in my familiar little car, and I couldn't help but laugh as I looked back at Fionn playing an intense game of luggage Tetris to get everything to fit.
 
3 suitcases, 1 duffel bag, 1 giant hiking backpack, 2 normal sized backpacks, 1 violin case, 2 day bags full of snacks, important documents, every electronic we own, a bottle of water, and a couple of German winter coats and snow boots-once essential but now completely useless in 65 degree Georgia "winter".
 
 
The whole scene was just funny and also sort of happy, so as we set off on the newest leg of our seemingly unending PCS journey, I couldn't help but sing that old Willie Nelson song,
 
On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again.
The life I love is making music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been.
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again.

 On the road again -
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends.
Insisting that the world keep turning our way

And our way
is on the road again...
 
Today Fionn and I are headed to our new duty station after a wonderful two weeks of time off spent with our families. After that mini-staycation, today we'll check into our 5th hotel in less than a month, unpack our suitcases for the bazillionth time, and start looking for an apartment. I'll try to keep updating in the mean time, but cut me some slack if the updates are slower than molasses. Hotel Wifi is spotty at best!
 
Thanks for all the love, support, and laughs during this transition. When things settle down I have lots to blog about! :)
 
 

6 comments :

  1. good luck finding a place! hey, it might seem like a pain to "up and go" once again, but I'm sure you'll look back and miss it some day when you're all settled into a place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true. I feel like I spend an awful lot of time missing something I used to have!

      Delete
  2. I can just imagine how tired of hotels you must be - finding a new home will be great I'm sure! All the best for the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finally found one! I'm so glad to unpack my suitcase for real!

      Delete
  3. Great hearing from you and looking forward to the updates!

    ReplyDelete