Thursday, March 20, 2014

Head for the middle



Beginnings are scary, endings are sad, but it's the middle that counts. So when you find yourself at a beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will.

A Facebook friend I haven't seen since high school posted this on her wall today. It seemed really applicable to my life and I'm sure the lives of a lot of you out there!

I think I'm going to write it down and put it in our new house, somewhere I'll see it everyday. Because it's true, the middle is the part that counts. When I think back on the places I have lived, I didn't love them in the beginning (which is how I feel right now) but I also wasn't happy at the end because it hurt so much to leave. I was happiest in the middle, when life came together and routines were made and things just were.

So I'm going to keep on keepin on til I hit the middle ;)

This has been a week of great news, so great it deserves caps lock and lots of exclamation points.

1. WE BOUGHT CHAIRS!!!

Which might not sound like much, but when you've been eating and watching netflix and blogging on the floor, getting chairs is a pretty big deal. I'm also excited that now I can use them to reach tall shelves. Oh yeah!

2. OUR STUFF IS HERE!!!

That's right, as of yesterday all of our stuff has arrived safe and sound. They only broke two things (nothing i really cared about), and everything fit in our apartment. Except now we really need to buy some bookcases or some type of storage unit to put all this stuff in.



The sad part? I found the wax wedding flowers that jerk mover so callously stepped on, and yes, they were partly crushed. Some of the flowers survived, but the sight of my pretty vintage wedding flowers all mangled after how careful I was with them made me really upset. And yeah, ok, I cried about it. 

So if you ever see a short Turkish guy named Ali working as a mover in Germany for Gosselin moving company, please feel free to throw something at him on my behalf. I HOPE YOU CAN FEEL MY HATRED FROM ACROSS AN OCEAN.

Crushed wedding mementos aside, I was glad nothing was damaged. And I learned a valuable lesson in PCS moves.

3. FIONN'S CAR ARRIVED!!

Fionn's starts his class next week, and once it starts he won't have time for all the moving stuff and it'll all be on me to complete. I've been panicking the last two weeks that we wouldn't be able to get everything done in time. 

Well not only did our stuff get delivered this week, but the same day we got a call that his car had arrived from Germany.  I'd been praying about it all week, so it was definitely a good feeling to get that answered. Then on top of that, he was given the rest of the week off so we had tons of time to get everything done. God is good :)

Today we're off to pick up Fionn's car and next week things will calm down and get a little more normal, including the blog! I am so ready for some calm in my life. Oh, and blogging at a table with a chair rather than the floor.

Happy Thursday everyone :)



4 comments :

  1. Such great words to remember! It reminds me of the move 'Bienvenu chez les Ch'tis', where the one guy says "Un ├ętranger qui vient dans le Nord pleure deux fois, quand il arrive et quand il repart." That's kind of stuck with me... that regardless of how much I don't like a place, I'll probably cry when I leave. So, along with your mom's wise words along the lines of 'the best and worst thing about life is that nothing lasts forever', I'm reminded to enjoy the middle, where I am now. And you'll get to the middle, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever come across Ali (you never know), I'm going to evil eye him. I'm going to evil eye him hard! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better punch him!! Make sure that afterwards you throw your arms up like a frat boy and be like "BOOM TOWN BABY! THAT'S FO SHANNON!" He'll know what's up.

      Delete