Sunday, December 29, 2013

Dear Fionn

Two years ago, I jumped off the cliff of reason and into the unknown. I'd fallen in love, hard, and even though you had been a total stranger on the street in Berlin just five months before, there I was, vowing to love and cherish you til death did us part. Then, just to convince everyone I really was a little crazy, I hopped on a plane to Germany with you a few days later.

The past two years have been so action packed. We have had incredible adventures, seen the world, grappled with life in a foreign land, made each other crazy and made each other laugh til our sides hurt.


Some days I still can't believe you're mine and that this is my life. That THIS is my love story. It seems so romantic and awesome and beyond what I even thought possible.  I love your adventurous spirit and your kind heart and the way you remember exactly how I like my tea or when I need a piece of chocolate or a hug. Sometimes you know me better than I know myself. I love all the adventures we've had and all the ways you challenge me. I love how steadfast and honest you are. I just love you.

Two years went by in a flash, and standing before you saying those vows feels like yesterday. I can't wait for the next year and all the new things it'll bring. I'm glad you'll be by my side.

Happy anniversary!

Shannon



Want to see our wedding recap? You can read about it here!

10 comments :

  1. Oh so sweet! Happy anniversary! That brought tears to my eyes, but I'm so in love with my husband that I turn into mush when I read other happy love stories. Hope you both enjoy your new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you all have a fabulous new year! :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your husband and your marriage! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That was really and truly lovely, as is that wedding photo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The wedding photog for our civil ceremony was way better than for our church wedding! ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh man, that is so sweet...what a beautiful post. Hey, you should write a memoir! That'd be so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete