Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thanksgiving! As I said earlier, in the past 5 years I've been home in America for Thanksgiving once-that was back in 2011 when we drove to Arkansas to visit my brother while he lived there. Last year Fionn and I spent Thanksgiving in Strasbourg and Luxembourg. Fionn tried escargot for the first time-it was quite the Thanksgiving dinner! 

As you read this Fionn and I are en route to our 2013 Thanksgiving destination-Iceland! I am SUPER excited about this trip and can't wait to come back with stories and pictures.

I really want to see the Northern Lights!

Since it's Thanksgiving I wanted to take a moment and be thankful. This has been such an awesome year for me and a big part of it has been how much fun I have had with this blog. All the wonderful people I've met, the sweet comments, and all the people who've inspired and encouraged me-this has all meant so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog and make a connection. You're all awesome and I'm so glad to have met you!

THANK YOU!!

I'm thankful for my family-both the one I was born into and the one I married into. They have loved me so much this past year and it's amazing.

I'm thankful for my dear Fionn, who encourages me, loves me, and challenges me to get on his level of adventure seeking and awesomeness. I never would have traveled to 20 countries in two years if it wasn't for him, I never would have started building this blog, and I could never have as much fun with anyone else.


I'm thankful for this expat season of my life. It hasn't always been easy, but it has taught me and molded me so much. I'm thankful for all our travel opportunities, for the chance to meet people from all over the world, and I'm super thankful that I got to see and experience the world before I was even halfway into my twenties. I know this chapter of my life is starting to come to a close, but I've enjoyed all of it.

Nobody does Christmas like the Germans!

And finally, I'm thankful that CHRISTMAS IN GERMANY IS FINALLY HERE!! I hope y'all are ready for the onslaught of Christmas market updates. Gluhwein, come to mama.

I hope all of you American expats have a fabulous Thanksgiving! I'll be back in a few days with Iceland updates and some travel-y goodness. Can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment