Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Chocolate Chip Studded, Cream Cheese Swirled, Amazingly Tasty Pumpkin Bars

If you follow me on Pinterest, you might've noticed that I have a board called Cooking Wish List where I pin things I want to try. If they work out, the recipes get moved to Success Stories. Sunday afternoon was rainy, cold, and very quiet. Fionn and I were in the mood for a treat but didn't feel like heading out to the store for extra ingredients. When I started browsing my Cooking Wish List board, he spotted these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars and suggested we try it.


Holy wow, I don't think I've ever moved a recipe to Success Stories as quickly as this one. If you love pumpkin bread, cream cheese, chocolate, or deliciousness in general, make these. Did I mention they're also ridiculously easy? 1 egg, 3 Tbsp of butter, 1 cup flour...doesn't everyone have this stuff just lying around?


The first time I made this I didn't have cream cheese, so I subbed sour cream. It was ok, but cream cheese is way better. But, whatever floats your boat. If you're in Germany and can't find cream cheese, frischkase would also work in a pinch.


Adapted just barely from AKM Designs and Delights

3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/8 cup water
1 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Cream Cheese Filling
4 oz. cream cheese softened
1/8 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp ginger

Preheat oven to 350* F/180* C. Spray a 7x11 pan with nonstick spray.

Mix butter and sugar together. Add egg, pumpkin, and water and mix to combine.

In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients and slowly add to the wet ingredients. Mix to combine and add chocolate chips.

Spread 1/2 of the pumpkin batter into the pan.

Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and ginger until combined. Spoon over the pumpkin batter, then add remaining pumpkin batter over top of that. Use a knife to marble the cream cheese and pumpkin.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Be still my heart! :)


3 comments :

  1. Shannon, this looks absolutely glorious! Also, I'm glad you are a fellow Pinterest lover. I feel like it is the one social media platform where I totally feel at home :) Love the cream cheese swirls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love me some Pinterest! I have to control myself or I will literally get sucked in for hours. At least I have something tasty to show for it ;)

      Delete
  2. That looks sooooo good! Just headed over to your pinterest page for more :D

    ReplyDelete