Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Gender Reveal Baby Shower! (for a friend, not me!)


Now that I'm a few months from 25, I guess I'm officially mid twenties. One thing I've noticed about mid twenties is that I get invited to a lot more baby showers and bachlorette parties and weddings. Especially here, so far from home and friends and familiar, I love how everyone gets together to celebrate these life milestones. There are some amazingly sweet and big hearted women here, and a friend's super fun gender reveal baby shower this weekend reminded me of that!

The theme was top hats and tiaras, which was pretty fun (cause duh, you get to wear a tiara!). It included the usual baby shower games (like charades, which I'm pretty awful at!), tasty food, and obligatory diaper cake...





The mama to be made the gender reveal cookies herself, so not even the shower hosts knew what she was having!


glowy pregnant mama to be!

And of course, what's a baby shower without gifts? The government shutdown meant that our mail was disrupted, so a lot of gifts didn't get there in time (including mine!) but she still had lots to open!




FINALLY it was time to find out! Boy or Girl??



everyone took a cookie...

and...

the cookie revealed...

...

...

...



PINK FILLING! It's a GIRL!

I was honestly totally surprised since I totally thought it would be a boy. But a little girl! What sweet news :)



Girl power! :)

Congrats, sweet friend, on your new addition!

What a fun weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment