Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall in Bavaria!


Goodbye summer, hello Fall!

Oktoberfest (or "Wiesn", if you're a true Bavarian) has come and gone, but my friends and I still managed to get in one last change to wear our dirndls before it was all said and done!


All around the leaves are changing, the temperatures are dropping, and the sweaters are coming out of hibernation. I'm fulfilling my latest 25 by 25 challenge by investing in good winter wear. I know, I know...it's about dang time. But I've finally accepted that I live in Germany and must approach winters with some extra planning. Any advice? I'm a southern girl at heart, so winter totally baffles me.





With Thanksgiving, my birthday, and Christmas all coming up, I have some big travel dreams in mind...we'll see if we can make them a reality! 

Happy Monday, everyone :)

2 comments :

  1. Cute dirndls! I noticed in Cologne that they were readily available in the TJ Maxx, but I couldn't tell if they were just there for the tourists or not.
    For winter - get yourself a hat, anything is better than nothing, and will help keep the heat in. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not just me that's clueless how to dress warmly?!? :D

    ReplyDelete