Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Two years :)

June 10th marks two years since Fionn and I first met each other. It's hard to believe it's been that long already and how much my life has changed since then.

Sometimes when you look at your life, it's weird to think about the what ifs. What if I had given into my fear and turned down my Berlin internship? What if I had decided to stay home this night two years ago? What if I had lingered two minutes longer in the bathroom and missed Fionn standing outside? What if I had looked at the facts and realized how outrageous it all seemed and called everything off? What if I had never answered his text a few days after we met? What if, what if, what if.

The pattern I see here is this:

Take chances.

Going outside my comfort zone has generally led me to great things. It's good to be reminded of that.

When I was debating whether or not to take my Berlin internships, I met a fellow musician at the Irish Festival and explained my predicament to her. Without pausing to think she replied, "Take the internship. Home will always be there when you get back." I went home that night and fired off my acceptance email.

Since then, that quotes encourages me to be adventurous. Even now, when my "home" isn't easily pinned down anymore, I still get what she meant. Take the chance. Buy the plane ticket. Try something new. Talk to that cute stranger. Speak that foreign language even when you know the conjugations are all wrong. Just LIVE. Your life might end up completely different than where you started, but it will be worth it.

In honor of two splendid years together, I give you a photo montage-from the weekend we met to the present. I'm also working on some posts about our wedding since a) I loved it and b) I hope you do too :)

I like to think of my life as an adventure. I want it to be worth reading. :)

























Here's to many more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment