Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Sweet Potato Wheat Muffins



What do you do when you roasted too many sweet potatoes and you feel like baking something? Oh, and your husband is trying to stay in a diet and you've got a ton of whole wheat flour on hand?

Google, baby.

Thus I found this recipe from All Recipes.com. Sweet Potato Whole Wheat Muffins!

I followed the recipe except I cut the sugar down to 1/2 cup and used some blueberry Greek yogurt since it's all we had in the fridge. For the topping I mixed a few tablespoons of brown sugar and rolled oats and didn't bother blending them up.

These were husband approved! Yes, they did taste "healthy", but they were nice for breakfast and my love appreciated taking one or two with him before heading to PT.

They had the unexpected benefit of helping out his coworkers when the WHOLE office came down with the stomach flu...since they're a little bland they were perfect for that post sick sour stomach. I was glad they could some of those guys out (thankfully we escaped getting sick!!)

Hope you like 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment