Saturday, February 23, 2013

Snow, snow, and more snow

According to the news, this has been the darkest winter in Germany in 50 years. I think everyone is ready for spring and sunshine and an END to the snow. But considering that we woke up this morning to a few inches of fresh snow and a snow plow slowly making its way up the hill and my annoyed looking landlord shoveling our driveway, I think spring is still a ways off.

My hair is really suffering from all this cold weather. The German radiators don't do much to put moisture back in the air, and yesterday my hair was looking very sad indeed. Hair mask time? I think yes.

3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup honey
1 raw egg

If raw eggs gross you out, omit it. But it does make a difference!

Wet your hair and work in your mix from scalp to ends (if your scalp is oil, just work on the ends). Cover your hair in a shower cap or if you're not prepared like me, some Saran Wrap. (Sexy and you know it, right?) Wrap your hair up in a towel and let the mix soak in for 20-30 minutes. Then wash it out and wash/condition your hair as usual. If you want an extra boost, rinse your hair with half a cup apple cider vinegar after your shampoo. Rinse with water and condition as you normally do.

However a word to the wise-you might want to microwave the vinegar first since pouring cold apple cider vinegar on my head was not so nice.

The results? My hair is smooth, soft, shiny, and I can't stop touching it.

The real test? My husband even noticed. when he walked in he actually commented that my hair looked "really shiny" today. A normal dude noticing hair changes?? That's the true miracle.

I feel like something like this is best done he's not around though...our beauty secrets involving kitchen supplies and Saran Wrap and waiting around for 30 minutes are best done in the privacy of girl time. Then you can just smile and say it's natural ;)

I'm spending the rest if this snow day cuddled up inside! Snow, snow go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment