Friday, October 19, 2012

Halfway point!

This has been a good week. Me and the girls have been hanging out a lot while the guys are away. It's been getting colder and since we're all from the South we've been doing expeditionary trips to the local shopping center to look for warm clothes. I got some awesome deals on sweaters and tights and a fire engine red pair of jeans :)

I made a new friend in Nürnberg who introduced me to this amazing woman who does eyebrow threading. My eyebrows have never looked this good! She doesn't speak English, but she's super sweet and funny. Since I was already in NBG I stopped at the Starbucks in the old city and sat around with my latte and read a book. I'm not a dedicated Starbucks lover, but when I'm in Europe I love to go and sit and eat brownies and cheesecake that taste like they do back home and drink coffee that is EXACTLY what I expect it to be and just sit around and use their free wifi and enjoy a little taste of home.

I love Nürnberg. Where we live is quiet and peaceful, but I love getting off the train at Nürnberg central station and breathing in the busyness of a big city. I love walking down streets choked with people, riding the subway, shopping in big stores, and meeting my NBG friends for coffee in a cute café. I've always loved cities and just spending the day in civilization can totally make my day. I hope one day we'll live in a city again!!

Thursday was great since we had our first wine night! We met at Carly's house and made pizza, then sat around and drank wine and had total girl time til the wee hours of the morning. Side note, Carly is the crafting queen! Her house was adorable and she had handmade so many of the things! I think all of us were longing for a tour to see more of her handiwork!

It was such a fun night though, I'm so happy to have made this group of friends here. They're all so fun and down to earth and it's great to have people who're going through the same thing you are. Good that we can keep each other company while the guys are away.

Speaking of that, the guys are home for the weekend! Fionn is sound asleep as I write this-I think he slept like 2 hours in the last 48 hours, poor thing. I hope he sleeps in for once and catches up on all the sleep he's missed.

I'm trying to enjoy him while I have him since he leaves again next week. Luckily the girls are already planning things to do-we're going on a day trip and I'm hopefully meeting Nate (a friend from Marburg) in Plzen next weekend. Yay!

All in all, life is good. I always miss being in Savannah in October since it's Yellow Fever time at the DH, Greek Festival, Seafood Festival, not to mention amazing non humid weather, but I'm trying to stay positive. I'll always miss you all back home :)

I really need to write a wedding post, so stay tuned for that one. I'll save that for a slow blog day (which'll be soon most likely!)

lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment