Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Summer in America Part 4: New York and then back to Savannah

The rest of the time in NYC seemed to go by really fast. We saw some famous sites...




and we took a day trip to see West Point, Fionn's Alma Mater. That was really cool, and I felt very proud of him :)




While we were in NYC we got the chance to meet up with my Irish dancing friend, Siobhan from Savannah. She's an amazing dancer, and since I was itching to go to a session, she told me I should come to one she regularly went to. It was so much fun! Tony DeMarco, an amazing American fiddle player, led the session along with two other guys named Dan and Sean. Siobhan told him I sang, so he invited me up and handed over the mic. The crowd was really great and they loved my song. Tony asked me to do a second one, so of course I forgot the lyrics to that one half way through ;) They were nice about it though!

I had such a great time, and I had a good time talking to the two younger guys. They've pretty much convinced me I have to make it to the Catskills Irish Arts Week some day! I wish I could've spent more time at NY sessions...a reason to go back? :)

Our last night our lovely hostess Bari and her boyfriend Peter invited us out for tapas. It was an amazing dinner (and wine!) and then we went to a Swing Dancing Festival (at least, that's what I think it was) where the drummer for the Rolling Stones was playing in the band. Crazy!

We had a great time talking with Bari and Peter, and after another glass of wine Fionn finally gave into my pleas to dance. Bari took some pictures, but we were kind of fuzzy! The red blur is me :)



It was our last night in New York and even though I wanted to stay up and talk with Peter and Bari some more, I laid down for one second and fell asleep. Haha I am so lame :)

After an amazing week it was time to head back to Georgia since our wedding was coming up fast! We flew back to Atlanta, where we met up with Fionn's dad. It was so great to see him again! From there I went back to my parents' house, and Fionn and his dad went on a short trip to North Carolina.

Once they got back, we loaded up the car for the drive down to Savannah. Wedding Craziness had officially begun!

So stay tuned for Summer in America part 5: The Wedding...it won't be here for a while since I'm still waiting on the pictures.

1 comment :

  1. Hey, I didn't know you were on here too! Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete