Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's May already?

I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone. It feels like I just got to Germany, like getting married was just yesterday, like slogging through the icy grip of winter was just minutes, not months ago. It's crazy how time flies.

Though it went by incredibly fast, so much has happened! We've traveled far and wide, I got all my residency stuff straightened out (legal alien yay!), I got my car (SO AWESOME), I've made some friends, gotten acquainted with my new home in Bavaria, and slowly started building a new life here.

It hasn't all been easy, of course. There were plenty of sad, homesick days and frustrating days where I pondered what my next step should be. And while I'm still trying to figure out what to do next in terms of grad school and/or finding a job, I've met quite a few encouraging and extremely helpful people who've given me some great leads and are pointing me in the right direction. So I'm excited about what's next!

It's been absolutely perfect weather here, and Fionn dragged me convinced me to go on a nature walk with him. I'm far from outdoorsy but I admit, I had a fun time. There's a little nature walk by our house and it has little signs along the way about the animals and trees, as well as mini obstacle courses. I got to translate the signs (and learn some new German words!). One of the stations had this sand pit and you jumped as far as you could and then you could see what your forest animal jumping equivalent was. I jumped 1 meter, but I didn't recognize the German word for the corresponding animal so I can't tell you what mine was. Fionn jumped 2 meters (show off!), which is how far a hare can jump. Fionn is lightyears ahead of me in the physical activity department so him jumping farther surprised no one haha. But hey, I can say I married a stud ;)

We had the trail all to ourselves, not a soul was out that afternoon. It was so peaceful and perfect, and when we got to the top of the hill we could see all around. We are truly blessed to live in such a beautiful, picturesque place.

Now it's back to the weekly schedule. Fionn leaves soon for a month long training course, so we're trying to make the most of our time together before he leaves. But right after the training is the start of his summer vacation time and all the fun things that go along with that. I'm actually heading back to the States shortly after he leaves rather than staying in Germany by myself. I'm sad to be away from him, but also excited about getting to see my family and friends. Only a few more weeks til I can get my hands on a Chick fil a! ;)

That's all for now, lots of love from Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment