Friday, March 23, 2012

feeling thankful

Today has been such a great day. Fionn keeps laughing at what an effect sunshine and warm weather has on me, I pretty much bounced out of bed and haven't stopped skipping around and singing since. But honestly, it's SO beautiful and it's the start of spring and it just puts me in the best mood.

Plus...he's home! :) It's so nice having him back! This past month I slipped back into my old habits of when I used to live by myself...y'know, throwing clothes wherever, only buying lactose free milk, lots of girly snacks in the pantry, my weird music blasting (probably driving our neighbors crazy), and of course, eating crunchy foods as loud as I please (does anyone else get self conscious about that?). But, as exciting as such things sound, they're no match for having my sweet husband back in the house. Our dining room is currently a mess of all his half unpacked stuff from his training, but I don't care. It's just a physical reminder that he's back (and I'll admit, I missed seeing his shoes by the front door!)

Today's a good day and it makes me thankful. Thankful for Fionn, thankful for my awesome family (both old and recently acquired!), thankful for my friends, thankful for my experiences and opportunities and this great chance to live in Germany for a little while. I'm thankful for all sorts of little things, like our awesome dinner tonight that turned out great even though I nearly burnt it to a crisp (walked in just in time to save it!), our cute little apartment that gets more home-y every day, the friends I've gotten to spend time with here in Germany. I just feel blessed and loved and thankful and happy that God is working in my life the way He is. I'm just full of happy tonight.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment